Translate

terça-feira, 13 de novembro de 2012

Impressões sobre o projeto - United Kingdom


Mark – United Kingdom


«My feelings about the Comenius project are that it is a very positive way to learn more about other cultures. This is important for the children at school but is just as important for the teachers involved. It is an excellent opportunity for teachers to take part in experiences they wouldn’t normally be able to get.

Mark Longmore
It is not the first project that I have been involved with. In 2000, I began a project but was not able to complete it as I was unable to attend meetings and no one else in my school wanted to. Since then I have wanted to try again but did not feel that other teachers would be very interested. My role in the English team is leading the project for us. At first I was the only person working on it but now we have a team of five people involved.

The difficulties I find in implementing the project are in trying to involve as many teachers and students as possible and trying to create interest and awareness of the benefits of taking part. Teachers in England feel under a great deal of pressure. Also, schools in England don’t attach the same importance to learning other languages so it can be more difficult for us to show that this is important. I think one of the things I have found difficult is involving the whole school community including parents. After returning from Hungary, I prepared a meeting for parents and invited everyone to come. Not many people did. I will need to try harder to make them more interested and enthusiastic.

We are looking forward to hosting the visit from our partners although we realise that there is a lot of pressure to make sure the meeting is as successful as the ones we have been to so far. Also the fact that children will be visiting England makes things slightly more complicated.

I hope that during the project I will have made friendships that will last beyond the time of the project and that I will have a different view of things because of my experiences. I know that Peter and Mary have found the chance to travel and meet people particularly valuable.

In terms of time spent working on activities, I’m not really sure how much that is. I don’t spend as much time as I would like to and usually only focus on things when they need to be done.»

Conheça as impressões de outros professores envolvidos do projeto aqui e aqui.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário